In 2005, Wesley Place made a commitment to become a Fairtrade Church, and has been honouring this commitment ever since. It
achieves this by:
- Using fairly traded products in its meetings (e.g. tea and coffee served after the Sunday morning service)
- Holding a Fair Trade stall on a regular basis, e.g. after services, at special events etc. The purpose of this is to provide an opportunity for people to buy fairly traded products which they
cannot currently obtain locally, and to spread the message of Fair Trade in Alsager
- By participating in One World Week events and informing those who come of the need to support fairly traded goods.
- By holding Fair Trade events within Alsager (e.g. Big Brew and Bake) and inviting members of the public to attend these so they may become aware of the need to support Fair Trade
- By fostering a partnership with local schools so as to teach young children about the need for Fair Trade.